KAMP Collective is a collaborative team comprised of Jeff Stevens and Andy Storey. In their day jobs, Andy and Jeff create movie posters; aesthetically pleasing, easy to consume. The limiting world of making art that is mass marketable allows for the two to create their own work that tests these natural consumer biases. Their work explores the relationship between art and advertisement, and the boundaries and opposition between the two.
BROKE AF, their first ever Los Angeles showcase, is on-theme, on-trend and budget friendly for the millennial art afficionado. All works will be priced to sell, as they were composed and created with their sale in mind. Bring your need to own things, your design sensibilities and your finely-honed keg tapping skills, and maybe wear a turtle neck or a hawaiian shirt or like a designer toga?
Reasons to come:
- entry is free cause this is an art show
- a busted ass open bar (you like beer and box wine and so do we)
- a sick ass DJ
- you could meet the love of your life here, or just a new roommate who has the same taste in posters as you
- you don't have to bring someone to an art show, going alone makes you look really confident and cultured
- KAMP is designing a photo backdrop and we know you plan your weekends around the 'gram
- oh, the art too