One color process screen printing on fabric!
Screen printing expert and independent business owner Jimena Recendez will be stopping by the studio to teach us a thing or two about what she does! This class will equip you with the knowledge and skills to print on your own. Make tote bags, tshits, booty shorts, whatever! One time I made undies, but that's beside the point.
You'll be printing your own custom art work, that we'll pre-prep and print on a screen for you. All of the supplies you'll need (screen, inks, printing machine, curing heater, shirts and totes) are included in the ticket price. We'll definitely have champagne too. So come for that if nothing else.
In this three hour workshop, we will focus on:
- Prepping your screen and workstation
- Taking care of your screen and printing tools
- One color process method and best practices
- Printing on fabric
- Curing & garment care
- Four items to print on (tote bags and shirts available)
- Optimized artwork
- Custom printed screen with your artwork, accompanying films for reprinting
- Inks and screen printing supplies